Annique’s OptiRooibos contains potent antioxidants and provides 400mg of green Rooibos extract, with a minimum of 2200 ORAC per capsule, with a polyphenolic value of 30%.
For super antioxidant support
The Annique Rooibos story started in 1968, when Dr. Annique Theron discovered Rooibos’ ability to soothe and calm her baby daughter, relieving the infant of colic and insomnia. Amazed by its natural healing potential, Dr. Annique went on to investigate and document its health promoting abilities, including its antioxidant, antiallergenic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. She founded Annique Rooibos Health and Beauty in 1971 and went on to develop the first Rooibos skincare and health range in the world. Annique’s OptiRooibos contains potent antioxidants and provides 400mg of green Rooibos extract, with a minimum of 2200 ORAC per capsule, with a polyphenolic value of 30%. Rooibos has an amazing array of health benefits, including that:
- It contains powerful antioxidants, which help to prevent damage from free radicals that can cause ageing and disease
- It helps to prevent heart disease
- It aids in preventing cancer
- It promotes anti-ageing
- It has anti-spasmodic benefits: helps to soothe digestive system problems.
- It has anti-allergic properties: aids in relieving allergies.
- It has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties which: helps to fight viral and bacterial infections.
- It helps the body to better cope with stress
- It helps to prevent inflammation – one of the major causes of ageing and disease.
Rooibos can help to prevent cancer
Studies at the Medical Research Council (MRC)’s PROMEC unit, completed by Dr Janine Marnewick, shows that 6 cups of Rooibos a day can help to prevent cancer. It reduces cancer-associated changes in cells by protecting it against DNA damage, or mutagenesis. Cancer develops in several steps and mutagenesis is one of the first steps. During mutagenesis the genetic material (or DNA) of a cell is changed because of excessive exposure to mutagens (physical or chemical agents that can change the DNA in the cell, found in cigarette smoke, sunlight, chemical substances, etc). This change in the DNA is known to be a major cause of cancer.
Rooibos can help to protect against heart disease
Dr Marnewick’s studies also shows the potential of 6 cups of Rooibos tea which, if consumed daily, help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation associated with the development of heart disease. Oxidative stress is defined as an imbalance between oxidants and antioxidants, in favour of oxidants. An excess of these oxidants can damage important cellular components such as lipids, proteins and DNA, resulting in the development of several major degenerative diseases.